Seeking candidates with an instinctive understanding of what makes a great educational game experience; story, systems, mechanics, user interface and the all important ability to fold specialist subject matter into core gameplay.
As a studio focussing on games that go beyond entertainment, we work with players of all ages, from young children to adults. An understanding of audience needs is critical in our success.
You will have a methodical approach to games design, strong problem solving skills and the clarity of thought to design brilliantly simple games from complex (but fantastic!) content. The perfect candidate will bring a passion for learning in all its forms, acting as an advocate for the transformational powers of games.
A proven track record is important and the full-time position won't be filled until we've found what we’re looking for: a healthy blend of experience, skill, talent and attitude.
- Nice folks who love games
- Highly driven and self-motivated
- Good collaboration and knowledge-sharing skills
- Strong visual communicators, never short of ideas
- Brilliant portfolio of games / ideas that push the medium
- Methodical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Technically minded, with proficiency in discipline-critical tools
- A deep understanding of game types, mechanics and systems
- An advocate for the player, and creating beautiful user-experiences
Experience in the following is a huge bonus:
- Marvel, InVision, PlayMaker and other prototyping tools
Join a friendly team of ~30 passionate games professionals and work alongside some of the best in the industry on projects that solve problems and change lives.
- Tea, coffee, fruit, snacks - you shall not go peckish
- More VR kit than you can shake a joystick at
- Fortnightly lunch-time boardgames
- Group Pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Sharesave scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Healthcare cash plan (for Opticians, Osteopaths or any other ailment, up to a limit)
- Travel loans (for upfront purchases of annual passes etc)
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to Perkbox for discounts on restaurants, movies, car rental etc